Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Troubleshooting help with replacing Diva ELV dimmer with Claro Smart Switch

Troubleshooting help with replacing Diva ELV dimmer with Claro Smart Switch

I am in the process of upgrading the dimmer and rocker switches in my house with the Caseta smart switches. When trying to replace a current Lutron Diva Electronic Low Voltage Dimmer (DVELV-303P-WH) with the Claro Smart Switch (DVRF-5NS-WH-R) for one of my light fixtures, there is no response and light on the Claro switch. It is a single pole application and I no longer need dimming capability. Any idea?

Thanks.

K
    Last edited by kcheung; 11-27-2023 at 02:46 PM. Reason: typo

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello kcheung,

Sorry to hear that this switch is causing trouble. Could you please try swapping the wires connected to the red and black of the switch? Please note: this control is polarity sensitive. This means that the power must come in on the black wire and load out on the red.

Hi Brandon,

I will give it a try when I get home later. I assume that it is safe to swap the wires since this is a single pole application?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon W. View Post
    Hello kcheung,

Sorry to hear that this switch is causing trouble. Could you please try swapping the wires connected to the red and black of the switch? Please note: this control is polarity sensitive. This means that the power must come in on the black wire and load out on the red.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello kcheung,

Correct, this is simply to see if the power is currently passing through the device in the correct direction, it is merely swapping line and load. However, also ensure you have a solid white neutral bundle connection to the DVRF-5NS, as this is required for it to function (note: you should have the proper neutral in this wallbox, as the DVELV-303P would've required it, as well).

Hi Joy,

Thanks for the confirmation. Swapping line and load resolved the issue! Thank you and Brandon for the help!.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy L. View Post
    Hello kcheung,

Correct, this is simply to see if the power is currently passing through the device in the correct direction, it is merely swapping line and load. However, also ensure you have a solid white neutral bundle connection to the DVRF-5NS, as this is required for it to function (note: you should have the proper neutral in this wallbox, as the DVELV-303P would've required it, as well).