Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Multiple smart plugs to pico remote

Multiple smart plugs to pico remote

Hi,

I am hoping to program 2 separate smart plugs to LED lighting strips which are powered by 2 separate standard outlets in my kitchen.
    • Is it possible to program both of these smart plugs (P-PKG1P-WH/PD-3PCL-WH) to 1 pico remote which I will mount to the wall?
    • I believe dimming will not be possible (I am ok with that) - could someone confirm?

Thank you,

MT

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello mtanaka welcome to the forums!

Yes, two PD-3PCL lamp dimmers can be paired with one Pico remote. These can all pair in standalone mode or through the Caseta hub. Dimming will be possible as well, when pressing the raise or lower button on the Pico both dimmers will adjust at the exact same time. Just ensure that the lighting strips are dimmable! If these are nondimmable LED strips, please utilize the PD-15OUT-BL Outdoor Smart Plug instead.

Hi,

I tried a single plug and I can get the LED light strips to turn off. However, they do not come back on with either the remote or the functions on the plug. The lights flicker once and they still need to be turned back on manually.

The LED lights turn on/off by sensor and I am guessing this is something to do with the on/off functions of the LED light strip. Do you have any suggestions for this?

Thanks,

Lutron Technical Support
    The motion-activated nature of those lights is likely a cause of the issue; can the motion sensing function be disabled or bypassed? In case the lights are not dimmable or require a different type of dimming technology not suitable for the Caseta Plug-In Dimmer, you can try putting the dimmer into on/off-only mode; see the instructions below: