Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HWI phantom buttons and HWQS "Virtual" keypads

HWI phantom buttons and HWQS "Virtual" keypads

Something I found really useful under HWI was the use of phantom buttons to collect useful functions without the need for any spare physical buttons. HWQS phantom buttons don't seem to work this way and look like they are purely intended for integration

As a workaround I am creating keypads and assigning them to a link but of course they can never be activated because they don't physically exist. This works well and I can assign as many features as necessary without the need for real keypad space.

However, the one drawback I have noticed is that whenever I upload, the system spends some time trying to find these non-existent physical keypads on the QS links before giving up. I can't see any way round this, but maybe someone can suggest something or another approach ? It does slow down what would otherwise be a fairly quick upload (under 5.1.6)

2. Likes Ty W. liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thanks for posting this to the forum - definitely a handy way to represent non-physical keypads for Integration purposes (such as use in the Home Control+ app).

I haven't yet heard of any reports where link-assigned and unactivated keypads actually caused delay in transfer. If you are experiencing this issue, though, could you send in your project file to hwsupport@lutron.com?

I'll send it in - although I confess I haven't carried out any rigid comparisons - with/without assigned/unactivated keypads, so it could just be my perception. "Transfer to devices" bar seems to sit for several minutes at about 80% before completing.

It does come in handy, esp when the customer wants to make extensive use of additional functions from the iPad/Android app as there is no realistic limit to how many buttons they can have and there is no cost to adding them

I too wish that phantoms would show up in the app. The app GUI is really cool, but not as functional as one might think. Also the ability to hide keypads from the app would be useful. I am on board with the slow-down of uploads too. No matter what is promised from 'above' it does spend time looking for those devices that aren't there.

In order to hide keypads from the Lutron Home Control+ applications, please go to "Tools->Configure Integration->Integration IDs". If you uncheck the integration ID of a specific device, the device will not show up on the Lutron Home Control+ app. Please be aware if the device does not have an integration ID, it will also not work from a third party system.

However, if you were mentioning the possibility of hiding keypads within the app itself, we will be glad to pass this feedback along to our development team.

Another usefull tidbit is that when under loads when choosing a cco as the load type there are 3 options cco maintained, cco maintained lighting and cco pulsed. When you choose cco maintained it will not show up under the lighting page on the app as a load only if you choose cco maintained lighting will it show up on the app under the lighting page. Hope this helps someone

9. Thanks Armando B. thanked for this post
    Can Phantom Buttons just be added to the next rev of the software?
    Having keypads tied to an integration id and being all or nothing in relation to app visibility and 3rd party control is a huge problem for us. We need the ability to hide some keypads from the homeowner via the app, but need 3rd party control of those keypads.

You are correct, as the visibility in the LHC+ app depends on the integration ID of a device, having a device unavailable in the app will also make it unavailable for integration. Thank you for this feedback. It is important as we keep developing our products to match our customer's specifications and requirements.

My Phantom Keypad that was created in QS for my homeowner has an integration ID and a checkmark under Configure Integration however it is grayed out and will not show up in the LHC+ app. Has there been any advancements/updates in allowing Phantom Keypads to show up? I did update my QS to 6.1.0 today and the iPhone app is also updated to current.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast