Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: LED status?

LED status?

Hi all- 1.65 illumination system which is working a-okay.
    There is a minor bug that may(?) have a minor workaround. I've got an H48 dimmer that has keypad-like programming- nothing fancy. Press On- light on the H48 goes to a preset and the shower fan turns ON. Press Off- light fades off and fan has a 10 minute delay to off.
    The hiccup- keypad buttons marked for FAN (which is a remote H48 switch) show the LED off once you turn off the shower light by the H48 dimmer.
    I'd like to have the FAN button LED stay ON while the fan is running- even during the 10 minute delay to off.

Is there a way to program around this, or are we just stuck with the LED logic the way it is?

Is QS going to behave the same way?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    Hi all- 1.65 illumination system which is working a-okay.
    There is a minor bug that may(?) have a minor workaround. I've got an H48 dimmer that has keypad-like programming- nothing fancy. Press On- light on the H48 goes to a preset and the shower fan turns ON. Press Off- light fades off and fan has a 10 minute delay to off.
    The hiccup- keypad buttons marked for FAN (which is a remote H48 switch) show the LED off once you turn off the shower light by the H48 dimmer.
    I'd like to have the FAN button LED stay ON while the fan is running- even during the 10 minute delay to off.

Is there a way to program around this, or are we just stuck with the LED logic the way it is?

Is QS going to behave the same way?
    digit1,

Thank you for the inquiry.

The LED turns off automatically because the preset is sent immediately and not after the 10 minute delay. The 10 minute delay is part of the preset being sent.

HomeWorks QS does work the same way and would experience the LED logic.

To work around this would require to use an automatic sequence instead of a delay. The automatic sequence will not show the off preset until the 10m dwell time has passed. This will keep the FAN led on until the off step occurs.

Thanks for the detail, and the solution. Now I need to get my butt gear and fix it.

I had no idea an H48 would allow for sequence programming, that is great.