Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Do you need different Lutron accounts for Caseta and Radio RA2/Homeworks QS ?

Do you need different Lutron accounts for Caseta and Radio RA2/Homeworks QS ?

Have a customer with a Homeworks QS system in my city who called me because some other guy (I refrained from calling him a name) in another city where owns a house installed some shades for his Caseta system and said the email was already being used and had to delete the Homeworks user name and app. My first question is whether the same account can be used for both systems. I know they use completely different apps. Any idea what that clown might have done? I'll be looking at it in a couple of days but can't wrap my head around it.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello, thanks for your question. Currently, the Lutron HWQS App (used by Ra2 and HWQS) and the Lutron App (which is used by Caseta, Ra2 Select, Ra3, and HWQSX) cannot use the same email address for an account simultaneously. A separate email/account will be needed for each of this customer's two systems on the two separate apps. If the customer updated their HWQS system to a HWQSX, then both systems can exist on the same app/account/email address. We hope this clarifies!

Is it possible that they did? I ask because I spoke with someone on the HWQS tech support and they said that technically, it's like you said that they need to have separate email addresses, but if they already had say a HWQS account using the HWQS (formerly Connect App) and they install Caseta and try to use the same email address, that app will just give them a warning that they should use a different email but still lets them go through with it. According to that person, then that creates a weird issue where both homes show up in the app, but if you try to access the home that's not compatible with that app, the app doesn't work.

I'm really hoping the Caseta programmer didn't do something dumb like disassociate the home from the existing email. I already have the headache of someone using Alexa to tie both houses to "turn all lights off" so I'm not looking forward to meeting that customer tomorrow. I'll update the thread after I figure it out for future educational purposes!

Also, is there any word on unifying both types of system onto one app? I think I heard one of the head honchos mentioning that on the webinar when they first introduced QSX.