Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Unable to log in casetta app

Unable to log in casetta app

I am unable to log into my iPhone app. It's seems to connect and then I get an error "cannot connect to smart bridge".

I've tried reinstalling the app, rebooting the smart bridge and my phone and clearing the HomeKit settings on my phone but that hasn't worked.

The really odd thing is that the app works fine on an older iPhone with a different Apple ID.

Any ideas?!

Angry Same problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Martyjimbo View Post
    I am unable to log into my iPhone app. It's seems to connect and then I get an error "cannot connect to smart bridge".

I've tried reinstalling the app, rebooting the smart bridge and my phone and clearing the HomeKit settings on my phone but that hasn't worked.

The really odd thing is that the app works fine on an older iPhone with a different Apple ID.

Any ideas?!

I just purchased a Caseta Wireless kit (bridge + dimmer), and I'm having the exact same problem. I got to the point where i pressed the button on the back of the bridge, and it ended up saying it could not connect. I closed the app and re-opened it, and now as soon as I log in, it says "cannot connect to smart bridge" and my only option is to log off......

Lutron Technical Support
    Have you tried resetting the bridge network settings by holding in the button on the bridge for 20 seconds? The LED bar will flash rapidly once you've held it long enough.
    Since the app works on an older iPhone, it sounds like the system itself is working. Not sure why it would work on one iPhone, but not the other.
    Have you tried using the working iCloud ID on the new phone to see if it can connect?

Quote Originally Posted by boilerm4ker View Post
    I just purchased a Caseta Wireless kit (bridge + dimmer), and I'm having the exact same problem. I got to the point where i pressed the button on the back of the bridge, and it ended up saying it could not connect. I closed the app and re-opened it, and now as soon as I log in, it says "cannot connect to smart bridge" and my only option is to log off......
    I figured out my issue in particular was because the Lutron App actually connects to the Internet to connect to the bridge, rather than connecting over the local network. I had to open up additional ports on my firewall to allow outbound communication to lutron servers on a bunch of ports. It would be nice if Lutron used standard ports/protocols so we didnt have to open up a bunch of ports out to the internet...