Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Multiple Location Caseta/Ring Integration

Question Multiple Location Caseta/Ring Integration

Has anyone figured out how to deal with the single site limitation per user ID for Lutron Caseta/Ring integrations? It is puzzling because either app will deal nicely with multiple homes. I need outdoor motion detection to trigger my Caseta light switches at my ranch.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello Chucklin,

Currently, the integration side only can support 1:1 (one Lutron home with a Ring home). One work around would be to create a secondary Lutron account and integrate this separately to Ring. However, we can understand that this can be a bit inconvenient when signing in and out of accounts on the Lutron app.

We will forward this to our app development team. Our apologies for this feature not being supported as it may seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon W. View Post
    Hello Chucklin,

Currently, the integration side only can support 1:1 (one Lutron home with a Ring home). One work around would be to create a secondary Lutron account and integrate this separately to Ring. However, we can understand that this can be a bit inconvenient when signing in and out of accounts on the Lutron app.

We will forward this to our app development team. Our apologies for this feature not being supported as it may seem.
    ———————

Thank you, Brandon.

You are correct. That is a sub-optimal solution because I would have to forego being able to see all of my devices at all 3 locations in a single app login. I think I can do it in Apple’s HomeKit, but I would need a Homebridge device like HOOP to integrate the Ring devices. And the HOPP device I’d want is $400 and not yet generally available.