Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta and Google Home Integration

Caseta and Google Home Integration

I have had issues with integration between my Android Caseta and Google Home apps. I have been working with the Google forum trying to resolve this issue to no avail. They suggested I reach out here so I am going to copy and paste everything they have discussed with me. Sorry it is long winded, thanks in advance for any help.

ME:
    I have had Lutron light switches ran through the Lutron hub and integrated through Google Home for a few years now and have never had any issues. I couple months ago it seems that they lost a link to each other so voice control and Google Home app control stopped working. I do not recall doing anything to the system around that time. The lights and hub through Lutron work fine. Lutron shows it is linked to Google but Google never shows it as linked. I can see the devices still in Google even though they show up as offline. I can also click on the devices, go to their settings and find the unlink Lutron button, when clicked it prompts me select Lutron on the next screen to unlink but Lutron doesn't show up on the next screen as a linked service.

I have tried linking and unlinking from both apps several times in different orders. I have made sure both apps are updated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both apps. I have logged out and back into both apps. I have cleared the cache for both apps. I have probably tried numerous other things that I found suggested online but can not recall.

Can anybody help me out? Any ideas what I am missing or I should try? Thanks in advance.

GOOGLE:

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out. That certainly hasn’t been easy for you. Let’s check out what’s going on. Check out the link below and see if Lutron is still linked. If so, you can remove it from there. Once done, relink it to the Google Home app.

Third-party apps & services

Regards,
    Juni

ME:
    Thank you for the suggestion although it did not fix my problem. Initially I was optimistic because even though my Google Home app showed they were not linked the Google account link you posted showed that they were linked so I removed it, verified it was showing removed on Lutrons end and then relinked it as you suggested, several times, even waiting a day in between unlinking and relinking to make sure I wasnt going too fast and confusing the system. Now when I attempt to relink them as you suggested I get the message:

"No compatible devices were found in your Lutron account. You may need to set up these devices with Lutron first. If you have already set up devices, they may not support Google Home. In other cases, devices may not be available due to a temporary error. Please wait a few minutes and try again."

I also noticed that in the Google Home app there is 2 different Lutron app connection options, one named "Lutron" and the other named "Lutron Connect - HomeworksQS + RadioRA2." I should and have always used the "Lutron" app which is what worked previously but I am now seeing that after I unlink and relink them as you suggested to the same "Lutron" named app I have used it still will not show a connection in the Google Home app but through the link you sent me it shows a connection to "Lutron Caseta and RA2 Select." Could this be some indication to the problem? I believe when the system was working before it showed the connection to the "Lutron" app and not the "Lutron Caseta and RA2 Select" app but I am not 100% so I could be mistaken.

Thanks for your time and suggestions if you have any.

GOOGLE:

Hi Skeezy,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. We need to make sure which app we are going to link to the Google Home app in order for your lights to work. Have you checked with Lutron support to validate which app you should use?

Keep me posted.

Best,
    Juni

ME:
    I have not reached out to Lutron, but I have tried both apps with no success. Just to reiterate everything through my Lutron app itself works as it should and I did have previous integration through the Google Home app using the "Lutron" named app before the issues arose which is the app I believe I should be using and have been trying too link.

GOOGLE:
    Hello there,

Thanks for the additional details you’ve shared. Try to create a new home structure and use that to link Lutron. Make sure to unlink Lutron from your original home structure. Observe if it makes a difference. Check out the steps below on how to create a new home:

1. Open the Google Home app .
    2. At the top, tap Add .
    3. Tap Create new home.
    4. Follow the steps.

Note: You can have up to 5 homes in your account.

Thanks,
    Juni

ME:
    I tried a new home as suggested with no difference to either home.

GOOGLE:
    Hello Skeezy,

Thanks for trying that. Are you using Android or iOS? Try using another phone to isolate it. Also, it would help us if you could check with Lutron Support to raise awareness and let us know their response by updating this thread.

I look forward to your response.

Best,
    Juni

ME:
    I am using Android. I have also tried pretty much everything from a separate Android tablet to no avail. I am trying to work with Lutron now also.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the integration issues you are experiencing with your Caséta system and Google Home. Can you check to see if the Lutron integration is still linked to your Google account by logging into your Google account via a desktop or laptop browser and following the steps below:
    1. Select the icon for your Google account in the top right corner of the screen.
    2. Select Manage your Google Account.
    3. Select Security on the left hand pane
    4. Scroll down to Your connections to third-party apps & services.
    5. If you do not see Lutron Caséta & RA2 Select in the initial list select See all connections. Otherwise select Lutron Caséta & RA2 Select.
    6. Click Delete all connection you have with Lutron Caséta and RA2 Select. ​Confirm deletion if prompted.

Once removed, can you power cycle your Caséta Smart Hub and log out and back into the Lutron app. Then attempt to integrate with Google again through the integrations screen in the Lutron app.

If the issue still persists, can you try linking your Caséta system to a newly created Google account?

If none of the above mentioned troubleshooting steps remedy the issue, can you please submit support logs from your Lutron App (while connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Caséta hub) and reference existing case# 02837489 in the subject line of the email.

Thank you Jonathan, I believe I have it working now. I unlinked and re-linked my wife's account that is also in the Google home and it seems to have resolved the issues. I will continue to play with it and make sure everything is fully operational. Thank you again!