Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Options for increasing Caseta Samrt Hub Device Limit

Quote Originally Posted by howardlo View Post
    In one use case, my living room has table fixtures and fixtures in the balcony. But because of the limits, the balcony is in the upstairs bridge, thus I can't have a single scene that controls the living room illumination. I have to do a bit of back and forth with Siri to control the balcony.
    How are you creating the scene? Is this a Lutron scene or a HomeKit scene?

My understating was that all the devices from either bridge show up in HomeKit directly. I don't have two hubs currently. Using a HomeKit scene should be able to have lights from both hubs then. Just like a HomeKit scene can have devices from different manufacturers.

A Lutron scene restricted to one hub makes sense.

Assuming that works moving any scene from Lutron to HomeKit and only creating new scenes in HomeKit would solve the problem. HomeKit wouldn't care how many hubs you have. Only the Lutron native app is restricted.

Workaround!!! I think I have found a pretty helpful partial workaround. When I started, I added remotes as devices for most everything. I went a little overboard putting remotes everywhere. That adds up quickly. If you have remotes around the house and they are fully programmed the way you like them, you can delete them from the app and they still work. There's no real need to have them in the app except to change them. So, the remote will still work once you delete it from the system. Other than the ability to change the programming on the remote, you would only technically be losing the ability to control the REMOTE (not the device that the remote controls) and that is duplication of function. There is no need for it anyway. Please test this and see if you have the same results as I have had.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12