Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Palladium keypads can't control the lighting.

Question Palladium keypads can't control the lighting.

Hi!
    I have a Lutron HomeWorks system in my house with Palladium keypads that control the lighting and shades. It was installed less than 2 years ago.

A few weeks ago, the lighting buttons on many of the keypads stopped working.

The keypads still have the lights on them and the shade control buttons on the same keypads still work.

When you press the lighting button, even though it doesn’t turn the lights on or off, the iphone app updates with the new state, which tells me the control path back to the panel is still good.

Everything can be controlled as expected from the iphone app, so the comms between the panel and the actual switch to turn on/off the lights is also good.

Lutron could only suggest powering off the panels and leaving them off for 5 minutes before powering up again. I tried and it didn’t work.

Their next suggestion was to get a Lutron Certified Technician out to the house and so far I’m getting crazy quotes from companies who want to charge a minimum of a few hours work before they even start to investigate what the problem is.

Any suggestions on a path forward here? Has anyone seen this issue and is there an easy resolution that doesn’t require me writing a big, fat check?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Well you have a high end lighting system installed in your home- its not going to be cheap for someone to walk into a system that they have no knowledge of and dont have the program to see how its setup. Lots of unknowns so I would also budget a couple hours to analyze the system to try and determine whats happening.