Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Google Home Turns on at 100%

Google Home Turns on at 100%

I just installed the Diva system and it works beautifully. I've integrated it with Google home. Even though I've set the physical dimmer to 50%, when I tell Google to turn on the lights, it defaults to 100%. I can of course tell Google to dim it, but is there a way to have Google just use the physical setting that is on the switch for brightness, similar to the Pico remote where you push the round button?

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,

The Google integration is unrelated to the physical preset level of the Smart Diva's dimmer slider. The best workaround would be to tell Google to turn on your lights to whatever specific level as the "On" command will always set the level to full. For example, "turn on my lights to 50%" or "turn on my lights to half". Alternatively, you can program a specific scene in your Lutron app or a Google Home automation that you can give the command to set lights to.

Frustrating

This is quite a frustrating limitation. For example, I tell Google "Turn on the living room lights" and all of my lights go to their previous levels except the one connected to a Caseta Diva which goes on full blast. There is no easy workaround in that situation and other companies (like Leviton, Kasa, etc) handle it fine. I don't understand why Lutron would default to 100%, especially when the switch has a built in physical default slider.

I love my Lutron components, but this honestly makes me want to look at other brands in the future. This seems like such an easy thing to fix with a software/firmware update.

Lutron Technical Support
    Thank you for your feedback. We understand the need for this feature and can forward this request to our app development team. You may also contact our dedicated Customer Satisfaction team at customersatisfaction@lutron.com! And as always, our team is available by phone 24/7 at 1-844-588-7661.

Thank you, Joy! If you could forward it to the app team that would be wonderful