Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Holiday Lighting Schedule

Holiday Lighting Schedule

Greetings,

I have various timeclocks that run daily. I am trying to cause a variable to be set only during the holiday season with no effect on the daily timeclocks.

I know that this is done with "Override Events" but I am having trouble understanding their programming.

Any guidance appreciated. Thanks.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnipTruck View Post
    Greetings,

I have various timeclocks that run daily. I am trying to cause a variable to be set only during the holiday season with no effect on the daily timeclocks.

I know that this is done with "Override Events" but I am having trouble understanding their programming.

Any guidance appreciated. Thanks.
    Dear TurnipTruck,

Thank you for the inquiry.

The "Override Events" will override the Weekly events that occur for that chosen day under that Timeclock.

To accomplish what you are looking for we recommend creating a new timeclock outside of your normal "Project Timeclock". Then with this timeclock you can use the Override Events to have this variable only operate during the chosen holiday season. This override event will not affect the "Project Timeclock" events and only affect your newly created timeclock.

hi there,

I'm also having a hard time understanding how override events currently work. I have 15 events running daily. If i create an override event, does it ignore all events for that day i created the override? I couldn't find any documentation on this.

You are correct.
    The override events will run instead of your weekly events. Here is the definition from the software when you click the "learn more" link on the override events tab.

Select a day, from the Calendar, to run this event instead of the weekly events for that day.
    Override events for that day can be repeated annually.

5. Likes mcignarella liked this post