Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dual Switch Caseta replacement?

Dual Switch Caseta replacement?

I have one dual switch to control outside lighting. Does, or will Caseta in the near future offer a wifi switch for this?
    I cannot add an additional gang as this is the 4th location in a 4 gang box. I don't want to add another row.
    The current setup in a 4 gang box is 3 Caseta's and a dual switch. Picture attached.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2023-08-02_13-34-48.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	1037

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,

There are not currently any dual-wallbox controls within the Caseta family. In the photo you provided, the left-most device in the gang-plate is a wall-mounted Pico wireless remote (you can tell because of the single LED indicator light in the top left corner). An alternative to a dual-wallbox device would be to split up the dual-device into two switches, mount the Pico remote on the wall itself (next to the 4-gang box) and use a 5-gang plate to cover all your devices without physically expanding the wallbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth P. View Post
    Hello,

There are not currently any dual-wallbox controls within the Caseta family. In the photo you provided, the left-most device in the gang-plate is a wall-mounted Pico wireless remote (you can tell because of the single LED indicator light in the top left corner). An alternative to a dual-wallbox device would be to split up the dual-device into two switches, mount the Pico remote on the wall itself (next to the 4-gang box) and use a 5-gang plate to cover all your devices without physically expanding the wallbox.
    Thanks for the reply Ken, I'd consider this setup, but If I split the dual device into two switches I would still need to mount the 2nd "mother switch" to the Pico remote (used in the 5 gang plate) somewhere which would require a re-wire.