Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: PICO remote won't reset; Single LED flashing

PICO remote won't reset; Single LED flashing

My Caseta Pico remote somehow unpaired with the dimmer switch. I can't get it paired again. I read elsewhere on this forum how to reset the remote (by tapping the off button 3 times and holding the off button after the 3rd tap, until the LEDs come on solid, followed by 3 more taps of the off button).

The LEDs did not come on solid. Then, I must have done something wrong, bec6the top LED--and only that single LED started flashing and remains flashing.

Help please, to reset and re-pair the remote?

Thanks.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello. If you are trying to reset the Pico, you must tap the off button at least 3 times and then hold on the last press. I always tap 5 or 6 times because it's easier. You need to tap as fast as you can. While you are holding on the last press, the indicator light for the Pico will come on solid after about 4 seconds of holding. As soon as you see that light come on, immediately tap at least 3 additional times. Do not hold at the end. The Pico will flash rapidly for a few seconds and then it will go out. You will no longer be able to control anything with the Pico if it has been reset, until you pair it with another device again.

Pico Remote Reset

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle L. View Post
    Hello. If you are trying to reset the Pico, you must tap the off button at least 3 times and then hold on the last press. I always tap 5 or 6 times because it's easier. You need to tap as fast as you can. While you are holding on the last press, the indicator light for the Pico will come on solid after about 4 seconds of holding. As soon as you see that light come on, immediately tap at least 3 additional times. Do not hold at the end. The Pico will flash rapidly for a few seconds and then it will go out. You will no longer be able to control anything with the Pico if it has been reset, until you pair it with another device again.
    I tried this over and over with 2 new Pico remotes that I hadn't programmed correctly - would not work. I dug around a bit and found a Lutron publication that said you could use either the top or bottom button. Using the top button, that worked on both my Picos.