Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 11.6.0 Cannot transfer/upload (even direct connected)

11.6.0 Cannot transfer/upload (even direct connected)

A bit puzzling. I am running 11.6.0 Essentials on an up to date Win 11 laptop. I have turned off the firewall and set a hard IP on the Ethernet and turned off Wifi.
    The repeater is Ethernet direct cable connected to the Repeater and it also has a hard IP assigned on the same subnet.

I can ping the repeater and telnet into it using lutron account for integration. It reports 11.0.0 as the version in the repeater.

The LEDs on the repeater are off except the M one which is green and flashing yellow every 4 seconds which I understand is indicating no internet (as expected).

When I attempt to upload I get the dialog for repeater selection which shows the correct serial number for the repeater which I save and close. The transfer stays at 0%.
    Eventually I get a transfer cancelled with 0 errors and 0 warnings. There is a Transfer Cancelled message in the log.

Repeating the transfer produces the same result.

Anyone have and idea what to try next?

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello Phil,
    We are sorry to hear that it isn’t transferring through to the system. There are a couple stand out things here that may be cause this. First and foremost, the big one is Win 11 we do not expect Windows 11 to work with Ra2 and would highly suggest getting or borrowing a Windows 10 PC before proceeding any further with the attempted transfer.
    Secondly even if the firewalls are turned off sometimes there is other software getting in the way. We would suggest taking a look at the Networking guide and following the section that calls out Firewalls on pages 21 through 23. That section there will show you how to set up your inbound rules so they will not effect your Ra2 software. Here is the link for the Networking guide; Networking Guide

It worked OK on 12.10.0

Hi Rowdy,

Thanks - I had totally forgotten about this post. In case it helps anyone else :

With the help of your excellent Lutron support guys I was able to locate and upgrade to 12.10.0. Did have to completely uninstall all Lutron software to get it to work. Looks like the version I have comes pre activated for essentials and is able to download from the repeater. The initial install of 12.10.0, the activation link did not work. This is great!

That was then able to communicate with the repeater perfectly for uploads. Downloading the program works too. This is on the latest Win 11 Pro 10.0.22621 Build 22621 with all the firewalls enabled.

When I was trying to get the older version 11 to work I did Wireshark the link and it looked like the repeater was just not responding even though there was UDP and Multicast traffic on the wire from the application. The repeater firmware may have been wedged somehow but telnet worked so not really sure what was going on.

I'm sure your software guys know this but normally, for a commercial application, the installer scripts would talk to the Win firewall API to open up whatever ports you need for your application. This way an end user does not have to do it manually and make mistakes or worse just turn it off.

Again appreciate the help sorting out this frustration!

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy R. View Post
    Hello Phil,
    We are sorry to hear that it isn’t transferring through to the system. There are a couple stand out things here that may be cause this. First and foremost, the big one is Win 11 we do not expect Windows 11 to work with Ra2 and would highly suggest getting or borrowing a Windows 10 PC before proceeding any further with the attempted transfer.
    Secondly even if the firewalls are turned off sometimes there is other software getting in the way. We would suggest taking a look at the Networking guide and following the section that calls out Firewalls on pages 21 through 23. That section there will show you how to set up your inbound rules so they will not effect your Ra2 software. Here is the link for the Networking guide; Networking Guide