Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pico Pro 4 scene remote

Question Pico Pro 4 scene remote

I just saw the Pico Pro 4 scene remote (PJ2?4B?XX?L31P) on Lutron's site and it is listed as Caseta compatible. Will it allow recalling scenes created on the smart bridge or is it effectively a on/off plus 2 presets sort of device?

The first 3 buttons can be programmed manually for scenes and the last button is an off button

I think when you say scene you really mean like the favorite button on the 5 button Pico right? So it is like having an off button and 3 favorite levels. Not like calling a scene in the Lutron app.

I have a use use for a physical controller that can call actual scenes from the smart bridge, so that different scenes may control different switches. An example is having one button turn off every light in the house for when we leave, but having a second button only turn on the carport and dining room lights when one of us comes home late. The important distinction is in the second example I don't want the lights in any other rooms, especially the bedrooms, to change levels at all (either on or off).

With the the favorite feature on a Pico I can't do that as when I pair the Pico with switches in the app/hub it always controls all those devices.

Lutron Technical Support
    Both Weis1 and Shawn Parr are correct.

The PJ2-4B-xx-L31 has 3 manually programmable "favorite scene" buttons, and an off button on the bottom.

You have to assign all of the dimmers you want the Pico to control via the app, and it will control all of those dimmers on every button of the Pico. You can't have 1 button only affect certain dimmers, and a second button only affect other dimmers. All of the buttons will affect all of the dimmers assigned to it.

It doesn't recall scenes that are programmed on the bridge, although you can kind-of duplicate a scene that is on the bridge by first triggering the scene via the app, and then holding down one of the "favorite scene" buttons on the Pico for 10 seconds to save it. This will only work with the dimmers that are assigned to the Pico via the app. If some dimmers aren't assigned to the Pico in the app, they won't become part of the scene on the Pico buttons.

Think how perfect of a product this would be if you could use it to recall scenes created in the app. Hint hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    Think how perfect of a product this would be if you could use it to recall scenes created in the app. Hint hint.
    At that point you are looking at RadioRA2 and it's keypad functionality. While it would be nice in Caseta, most likely will not happen unless you go third party.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    At that point you are looking at RadioRA2 and it's keypad functionality. While it would be nice in Caseta, most likely will not happen unless you go third party.
    I have been asking for this for almost a year now. Assigning scenes created in the app and triggered by Pico button presses. Being able to have a real 'Welcome' and 'Goodbye' scene as is described previously in this thread.

Enabling these features will not hurt RadioRa2 or Homeworks business. Those systems are expandable, handle larger homes, and allow for much more complex programming and integration.

Please Lutron? Pretty Please?

We will resort to a combination of multiple hubs and physical buttons to get to the same end, but this would be unnecessary if Lutron would simply turn this feature on. Manually programming buttons by press/hold is going backwards in my opinion. We should be able to review all programming and assignments using the app, not manually creating these presets off the system.

We were hopeful that HomeKit might be able to solve this, but scenes are not able to be triggered by HomeKit at all, only rooms and zones. And HomeKit integration in general is pretty underwhelming, when you can get it to work that is, which is no small feat.