Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trying to integrate with Homekit

Trying to integrate with Homekit

I have had my Lutron hub for almost 4 years, but have not used Homekit until recently (I currently have Alexa and IFTTT integrations) When I try to add the Homekit integration it says "Your Hub/Main Repeater/Processor may have been paired with another iCloud account, or is not ready for pairing yet"

The hub has never been paired with another iCloud account, or any iCloud account. I tried holding the button for 40 seconds (timed with a stopwatch) and got the fast flashing several times but still get the same error.

The next thing I was going to try was to remove all my devices and the hub from my account and set it all back up from scratch, but I have 20+ devices plus some automations in Alexa that I would really prefer not to have to recreate.

Is there anything else I can try?

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,

Do you have an Apple Home hub (AppleTV/HomePod) that you're using in your setup? If so, the Caséta hub and Apple Home hub must be on the same network to integrate. If they are connected to the same network (as confirmed by the devices IP addresses), power cycle both the Home and Caséta smart hubs. If you do not have a Home hub, ensure your iOS device and Caséta hub are on the same network when setting up the HomeKit integration. Otherwise the system can return that error message. Also, if you are not listed as the "Owner" of the Apple Home (in Home Settings of the Apple Home app) and are attempting to add the integration, the smart hub will return that message.

3. Thanks defaultdotxbe thanked for this post
    Yes, I had actually received a different error when the Caseta hub and my iPad were not on the same network (I have separate wired and wireless networks) but the error persisted after moving the hub. I also moved my AppleTV over to that network as well in case that was needed but got the same error. I am listed as the owner in Apple Home.
    I had also thought maybe I had the generation 1 Caseta Hub that was not compatible with Homekit, when I checked the label is says "Model BDG-1" but also "L-BDG2" so I was confused, but it does have the Homekit symbol and the numeric/QR code for Homekit on it, so I assume it must be the generation 2.

I guess I'll try to factory reset everything today.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,

Prior to resetting your devices, please email in a photo of the label on the bottom of your smart hub to support@lutron.com along with a set of support logs and description of the issue so we can troubleshoot this further. Also, if you can please include the IP address of the Apple device that is acting as your Home hub in that email. Lastly, please include your network setup (with makes/models of devices) as it relates to the smart hub. For example, Comcast internet > Arris Surfboard G36 > Eero 6 mesh Wi-Fi router > Netgear GS105 network switch > Caseta smart hub.

Quote Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
    I have had my Lutron hub for almost 4 years, but have not used Homekit until recently (I currently have Alexa and IFTTT integrations) When I try to add the Homekit integration it says "Your Hub/Main Repeater/Processor may have been paired with another iCloud account, or is not ready for pairing yet"

The hub has never been paired with another iCloud account, or any iCloud account. I tried holding the button for 40 seconds (timed with a stopwatch) and got the fast flashing several times but still get the same error.

The next thing I was going to try was to remove all my devices and the hub from my account and set it all back up from scratch, but I have 20+ devices plus some automations in Alexa that I would really prefer not to have to recreate.

Is there anything else I can try?
    Hi, I'm seeing the exact same issue as this user. I've had my Lutron Caseta hub for several years; it's the version 2 of the hub and has the Homekit symbol on the back. I'm trying to integrate my Lutron devices with Homekit after having just set up Homekit using my iPhone as the Homekit "hub". My Lutron Caseta system has been integrated and working with Alexa from day one. I get the same message "Your Hub/Main Repeater/Processor may have been paired with another iCloud account, or is not ready for pairing yet" and like the above user I've only paired Homekit with my iCloud account. Interestingly, if I try and integrate from the Apple Home app I get an error message "The setup code is incorrect" after scanning the setup code on the back of my Lutron Caseta Hub. All devices (iPhone, Caseta Hub) are on the same subnet. Any ideas??

Lutron Technical Support
    It's possible something on the network may be restricting the passthrough of Apple's Bonjour service from ethernet to wireless. What is your network setup as it relates to the Caséta smart hub?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan K. View Post
    It's possible something on the network may be restricting the passthrough of Apple's Bonjour service from ethernet to wireless. What is your network setup as it relates to the Caséta smart hub?
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply! I just sent a lengthy email to support@lutron.com with more details on my network, etc. and a link to this thread.

I don't think anything is restricting passthrough of Apple's Bonjour service. While I put a bit more detail in the email to support, all of these devices are on the same /24 subnet on my LAN and I have other devices including another vendor's integration with Homekit that don't seem to any issue with the Bonjour discovery/service. I was hoping that the "setup code is incorrect" message from the Apple Home app might give you a clue. It's interesting that the OP also had a Caseta Bridge that was several years old like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by db805 View Post
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply! I just sent a lengthy email to support@lutron.com with more details on my network, etc. and a link to this thread.

I don't think anything is restricting passthrough of Apple's Bonjour service. While I put a bit more detail in the email to support, all of these devices are on the same /24 subnet on my LAN and I have other devices including another vendor's integration with Homekit that don't seem to any issue with the Bonjour discovery/service. I was hoping that the "setup code is incorrect" message from the Apple Home app might give you a clue. It's interesting that the OP also had a Caseta Bridge that was several years old like mine.
    This issue was resolved by doing the 40 second reset of the Lutron Smart Bridge which resets the network configuration. FYI to others, I didn't lose the settings of my existing Lutron devices by doing this reset.