Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Variable for Delay and/or Fade

Variable for Delay and/or Fade

It would be nice if I could use a variable for delays and fades. The situation I am in right now is that I am programming the turn off delay for exhaust fans in bathrooms. There are 14 bathrooms and each room has a single variable button with 7 possible states. That means that when the homeowner decides that the delay I picked is wrong, I will have to change a minimum of 98 delays in the program. If I had a variable, I could do it much easier :)

Just a thought,
    Jeff

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreySkalny View Post
    It would be nice if I could use a variable for delays and fades. The situation I am in right now is that I am programming the turn off delay for exhaust fans in bathrooms. There are 14 bathrooms and each room has a single variable button with 7 possible states. That means that when the homeowner decides that the delay I picked is wrong, I will have to change a minimum of 98 delays in the program. If I had a variable, I could do it much easier :)

Just a thought,
    Jeff
    Dear Jeff,

Thank you for the feedback.

For the 10.X release of the HomeWorks QS we are looking on adding Rollback feature. This will allow certain loads to return to a value as determined by the programming. This will allow you to check rollback for many buttons but only change the timeout value in one location.

Thank you for the feedback about using variables for delay times. I will pass this along to our development team.