Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Problems creating scenes in Designer and/or the Lutron app

Problems creating scenes in Designer and/or the Lutron app

I've been trying to create scenes three different ways and all are failing. I must be doing something wrong but can't figure out what it is, nor can I find any helpful documentation.

Method 1: Lutron Designer 23.2.2: I built shared scenes under the Program tab that includes multiple dimmers across multiple areas (no keypads or shades or sensors) and then executed a transfer, which completed with no warnings or failures. Shouldn't those scenes now appear inside the Lutron app? (they aren't)

Method 2: Lutron app (Android): After logging in as the homeowner I see "Add/Remove Scenes" under the Scenes tab. When touching that I see the option to reorder scenes (but there are none) and a list of Areas. But when touching an area I only get the message "There are no scenes in this area to favorite".

Method 3: Google Home: As the homeowner, I connected Lutron to Google Home and created a few Routines. This actually works - at least to the extent that I can see all the dimmers and program a routine. But they execute incorrectly, etc, dimmers are programed for 50% and they turn on to 100%. (Super annoying, I'll have to record a video).

Using Google Home (as well as Apple) is my eventual goal because I want routines that incorporate non-Lutron products.

Help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot 2023-06-26 130611.png   Screenshot_20230626-125054.png   Screenshot_20230626-125116.png  

FYI: Should be solved by added a "virtual" homeowner keypad to the design. Then still some Google Home troubleshooting to do.

Lutron Technical Support
    For scenes in Ra3 Brian is right best option is going to be making a virtual homeowner keypad and then creating your scenes there.
    When it comes to the app and editing scenes you are just editing the controls on the keypads and modifying what they turn on. The best option for the most flexibility here would be the virtual homeowner keypad.