Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Double Tap to Turn Off?

Double Tap to Turn Off?

I am curious if there was a study that revealed a tendency of people finding the double tap to turn off and hold to turn on more intuitive?

I have a job where I am programmed the double tap to turn on full and hold to turn off. The reason I used the double tap for on is because this is the action on a Lutron dimmer to get full on. Yet, in QS, for a toggle button, they seem to be defaulting to the opposite. Is there a way to change this? Without the ability to copy from one variable value and paste on another, the shortcut button at the top of the Hold would be a time saver if it grabbed the OFF scene instead :)

Jeff
    Last edited by JeffreySkalny; 12-31-2015 at 11:30 AM. Reason: completed title :)

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreySkalny View Post
    I am curious if there was a study that revealed a tendency of people finding the double tap to turn off and hold to turn on more intuitive?

I have a job where I am programmed the double tap to turn on full and hold to turn off. The reason I used the double tap for on is because this is the action on a Lutron dimmer to get full on. Yet, in QS, for a toggle button, they seem to be defaulting to the opposite. Is there a way to change this? Without the ability to copy from one variable value and paste on another, the shortcut button at the top of the Hold would be a time saver if it grabbed the OFF scene instead :)

Jeff
    Dear Jeff,

The double tap should default the loads to 100% when selected. Are the loads you selecting not going to 100% on the double tap? We do not currently have an option to choose default values. I thank you for the feedback on the Hold action. We have the current option to Copy "Press On" but do not have a copy "press off" option.