Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Variables in Designer 23.2.2 ??

Variables in Designer 23.2.2 ??

Hey All - Is it possible to use variables in Designer? I see them in programing>devices but unsure of how to deploy them.

Use case for me is: return home - @ entry button push home scene - if after sunset do not open the shades otherwise yes

project is at my personal residence. I'll arrive and set lighting at entry then hit a pico remote in the next room to open shades. I realize I could program buttons at entry to do this but its a Sunnata 3bl hybrid and config is Home, Away, Room. Used to have a Ra2 6bl in this location but like the Sunnata look better. First world problems but be cool if I could get it to do this.

Variables are only available in QS/QSX and not RA from what I understand.

Ok, that is what I have read online, appreciate the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by dfsmith2 View Post
    Hey All - Is it possible to use variables in Designer? I see them in programing>devices but unsure of how to deploy them.

Use case for me is: return home - @ entry button push home scene - if after sunset do not open the shades otherwise yes

project is at my personal residence. I'll arrive and set lighting at entry then hit a pico remote in the next room to open shades. I realize I could program buttons at entry to do this but its a Sunnata 3bl hybrid and config is Home, Away, Room. Used to have a Ra2 6bl in this location but like the Sunnata look better. First world problems but be cool if I could get it to do this.
    Where exactly are you seeing this? I'm running 23.2.2.14097. Wondering if this was a bug, and/or if Lutron is going to extend variables into RA3 and this was released by mistake?

I did see it in 28.1 which I had open. When you click on the button Program Type pulldown menu, it does show Normal and Add Variable as an option. Once you click on the add variable it takes you to the variable programming page. But after that you can't re-access the variable page, nor change any button to Variable again. I think its a bug in the software and some hidden link to the QSX side of it. Restarting the software allows you to pick variable again but still goes nowhere.

Yeah this has to be a bug. You can only define the variables once and never again access them the way you can in QS/QSX It's weird that it's still there like 3 months later.