Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Diva (DVRF-6L) Takes 2-3 Sec to report change on Pro Hub via Telnet

Diva (DVRF-6L) Takes 2-3 Sec to report change on Pro Hub via Telnet

I have about 10 Lutron Caseta dimmers and about 5 picos on the Lutron Pro Hub connected to homekit and to a Hubitat Hub that uses Telnet to the Lutron Hub. All my Caseta devices work fine. I added a two Diva Dimmers and when the dimmers are manually operated, there is about a 2-3 second delay before I see the Telnet events in contrast to the almost immediate response of all of the other devices.

1. Local physical control of the Diva dimmer is fine.
    2. Control via the Lutron App is fine.
    3. Control via Homekit App is fine.
    4. All other Lutron devices are working normally.
    5. Tested the Diva dimmers positioned 5 ft from the Lutron Hub and the delay remains.
    6. Reboot lutron hub--no change
    7. Reset the Diva dimmers--no change

I'm stumped as to what to try next. I'd appreciate any ideas
    Thanks

Try moving the Caseta hub around a bit. Sometimes moving it a foot can make a huge difference. Make sure there is no large metal objects in the way. A TV or the fridge can cause just enough interference to make a difference.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

thank you for the suggestion. I'll try moving.

I contacted Lutron Support and they provided a very thorough response. With their permission, I am posting here:

Quote Quote
    We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your DVRF-6L dimmers experiencing delays in your Hubitat Telnet integration. Unfortunately, this is by design with the Smart Diva dimmers. As opposed to the original-style Caséta dimmers, the new Smart Diva has a physical slider; the inclusion of this physical slider is what causes the delay. Essentially the Lutron app will wait a couple seconds before updating the on/off/dim-level of the Smart Diva in the Lutron app, as otherwise it would most likely be too much RF traffic for the Diva to send an update to the app for every percentage.

For example, a user will lower the dimmer slider on the Diva from full to 50%; the Hub will wait a couple seconds to update the in-app level to represent that it was lowered to 50%. As opposed to the Diva sending a ping back to the Hub multiple times in that couple seconds saying it was set to 99%, then 98%, then 97%, etc. down to 50%.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this programming may cause with your integration. Our best recommendation to achieve exactly the Telnet programming you are looking for would be to continue instead using the original-style Caséta devices with the push-button design, as they do have the programming that would be compatible with what you would like out of your system.