Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mix use of Diva smart dimmer switch and Maestro companion dimmer switch?

Mix use of Diva smart dimmer switch and Maestro companion dimmer switch?

My home currently uses the Lutron Maestro CL dimmers (single pole as well as multi-locations, MACL-153M, MACL-153M-RHW) as well as Claro paddle switches (CA-1PS and CA-3PS) for my ceiling can lights and other light fixtures. I am considering to switch over to using the new Diva dimmer switches for some. While swapping the single pole switches seems like a straight forward replacement, how do I handle the 3-way/mutli-location dimmer switches? Specifically, can I replace a main original Maestro CL switch with the new Diva smart dimmer switch, while keeping the Maestro companion dimmer switch(es) in place as is to retain the 3-way/4-way switching? I would like to minimize the need to replace all dimmer switches with smart switches/pico switches if possible. Similarly for the 3-way Claro switches, can I only replace one with the Claro smart switch?

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,

The Smart Diva and Smart Claro switches are not compatible with the Maestro MA-R companion dimmers or MA-AS Maestro accessory switches. The Smart Diva and Smart Claro devices are compatible with the Claro accessory switch (model DVRF-AS) or Pico wireless remotes. We have not tested the Caseta products with the Maestro accessories to confirm if all devices in the circuit would function properly with one another. At this time, we would recommend using either Pico remotes or the Claro accessory switch with the Smart Diva and Smart Claro devices.