Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: All lights turn off and on in the circuit. Not a flicker. ON/OFF like morse code

All lights turn off and on in the circuit. Not a flicker. ON/OFF like morse code

Installed a Caseta Wireless on the outdoor lights. (The switch is indoors) There are three lights on the Switch circuit. For a week, the lights turned on at dusk just fine. Now the lights don't turn on at dusk and when I manually turn on the lights, the lights begin flashing on/off. This is not a flicker. This is ON/OFF repeatedly. The bulbs are CFL's and they worked fine for a week. Do I have a faulty switch or is there some programming button I accidentally pressed? This has to be in the switch to cause all three lights to go on and off all the same time until I manually turn off the switch. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dkata View Post
    Installed a Caseta Wireless on the outdoor lights. (The switch is indoors) There are three lights on the Switch circuit. For a week, the lights turned on at dusk just fine. Now the lights don't turn on at dusk and when I manually turn on the lights, the lights begin flashing on/off. This is not a flicker. This is ON/OFF repeatedly. The bulbs are CFL's and they worked fine for a week. Do I have a faulty switch or is there some programming button I accidentally pressed? This has to be in the switch to cause all three lights to go on and off all the same time until I manually turn off the switch. Any help would be appreciated.
    Just to verify, you are using a switch and not a dimmer? If this is true, I would take the switch out of the wall and verify that all of the wires are firmly connected.

I just remembered another possibility. I don't know if this applies to Caseta switches, but I did have a problem with a QS dimmer. I believe the issue was that the dimmer couldn't properly identify the load type. In QS I was able to manually set the load type and it resolved the problem. I am not sure how to verify this on Caseta.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreySkalny View Post
    In QS I was able to manually set the load type and it resolved the problem. I am not sure how to verify this on Caseta.

Jeff
    This is NOT an option in Caseta, unfortunately.

dkata- have you checked that the lamps are on the approved list at www.lutron.com/ledtool? Also, what is the wattage of the lamps? It is possible that the load is "too small" for the switch to recognize.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I can think of 2 possible issues that may cause this problem.
    1. The light bulb. I had this problem before with CFL bulb, but the problem is solved after using certified LED.
    2. It's outdoor, it could be the temperature is getting very cold. If you still have this problem after changing the bulb, they to adjust the minimum setting.