Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Single Variable Default Type

Single Variable Default Type

Is there a way to set the default button type for single variable mode programming or apply the button type to all variable values?

I am about to program 150ish keypads and all of them have at least one button that is using Single Variable programming. I will fortunately be able to copy paste a lot of the buttons (I hope). Right now, it is a little annoying because I have 8 possible states and the first state defaults to toggle and all of the rest default to single action.

Any suggestions or tips?

Jeff

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreySkalny View Post
    Is there a way to set the default button type for single variable mode programming or apply the button type to all variable values?

I am about to program 150ish keypads and all of them have at least one button that is using Single Variable programming. I will fortunately be able to copy paste a lot of the buttons (I hope). Right now, it is a little annoying because I have 8 possible states and the first state defaults to toggle and all of the rest default to single action.

Any suggestions or tips?

Jeff
    Dear Jeff,

Thank you for the inquiry.

Unfortunately, the default type of the remaining states in a single variable type programming cannot be defaulted to another type. The Project settings does have a default button type but this will not affect the second or remaining states in a single variable programming type.

Thank you for this feedback. I will pass this feedback along to our development team as a feature request.