Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MACL-153M only works once per power cycle

MACL-153M only works once per power cycle

I have a MACL-153M dimmer - used in a single pole application - that only works for the first on/off cycle. Once the light has been turned off, within about 30 seconds all the IL lights on the side of the dimmer start flashing randomly. Power cycling with the FASS tab corrects the problem - until the next on/off cycle.

I'm assuming this is a bulb compatibility issue, but I have no means of determining the bulb type. The light fixture is a Drift Linear Suspension by Modern Forms. In the absence of being able to check compatibility is there any chance that the Pro dimmer would work better?

Lutron Technical Support
    This does sound like it could be a LED incompatibility issue and swapping out the MACL-153M could resolve the issue. Do you by chance have the model number or a link to the spec sheet for this fixture you are using? We could see if the fixture requires a specific type of dimming or something like that to give a better answer if the MA-PRO would work better.

Thanks Garrett. I did some digging on the manufacturer website and discovered they have done their own dimmer compatibility tests for the fixture, see Dimming Report available here.
    Since this is an ELV device they suggest the MAELVā€600, so I assume the MA-PRO will work equally well in ELV mode?

Lutron Technical Support
    Dave, the MA-PRO is the preferred ELV LED dimmer control. The MAELV-600 was originally designed for low voltage incandescent and halogen lamps, and not LEDs in mind. The MA-PRO is newer and has updated technology that makes it better suited for dimming LEDs. By default, the MA-PRO is in ELV mode, so you should not need to make any phase adjustments to the unit. Ensure that you connect the neutral for proper functionality.