Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help with new set up

Help with new set up

Hi all,

I've been doing research and have even looked at the Lutron Advanced Install Manual - I'm still confused and hope that you guys could assist with:

1. Components - what are the main differences between the regular Caseta vs. Caseta Pro line. I know that the Pro can integrate with Contro4, etc... and can handle a higher load. Am I missing anything else?

2. I have lots of three way and four switches controlling each light. I want to use the regular Caseta switch ( PD-6ANS-WH) and the existing mechanical switch. From my understanding, this can only be accomplished in a 3 way configuration with a jumper wire at the mechanical switch. Is this right? What about if I have multiple switches - what are my options then?

I like to do the install without the need for the Pico remote.

Thanks for all your help.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by NewHTowner View Post
    Hi all,

I've been doing research and have even looked at the Lutron Advanced Install Manual - I'm still confused and hope that you guys could assist with:

1. Components - what are the main differences between the regular Caseta vs. Caseta Pro line. I know that the Pro can integrate with Contro4, etc... and can handle a higher load. Am I missing anything else?

2. I have lots of three way and four switches controlling each light. I want to use the regular Caseta switch ( PD-6ANS-WH) and the existing mechanical switch. From my understanding, this can only be accomplished in a 3 way configuration with a jumper wire at the mechanical switch. Is this right? What about if I have multiple switches - what are my options then?

I like to do the install without the need for the Pico remote.

Thanks for all your help.
    The Pro bridge is used for integration with 3rd party controls. The Pro dimmers/switches will work on either bridge, they're just not sold by retail stores. they are only sold through Electrical Distributors or Lighting Show Rooms.

You are correct about using the jumper when wiring the PD-6ANS with a mechanical switch. If you have more than a 3-way circuit (4-way, etc...) then you would have to use the control at one location, and replace all of the remaining locations with Pico remote controls. There is no other way to wire this.