Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Transfer of home ownership - what new owner has to do to maintain Caseta config

Transfer of home ownership - what new owner has to do to maintain Caseta config

I have a Caseta Smart Bridge configured with 31 Caseta devices. Can anyone provide a step by step guide that a new owner would have to perform to maintain the current functionality of my Caseta network should I sell my home. Thanks in advance.

Hello Chkercs, I have the same question... escrow closes on our house on 16 May. I have 3 smart bridges and about 120 Lutron Caseta devices. I found this helpful link on the Caseta site:
    Selling your house with Caseta Wireless System
    https://support.lutron.com/us/en/pro...ireless-System

That said, the last step they list is to "Reset the Smart Hub". And I am afraid that will delete all the devices...... and the new homeowner will have a nightmare on his hands. I really don't want to be the guinea pig here... maybe someone out there has followed this procedure and all the devices remained registered and intact?????

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,

The simplest way to hand over a Caseta system to a new owner would be to remove any third party integrations that are associated with your smart hub and then to remove the system from your account. This will still retain any programmed scenes or schedules but will unlink any personal information from the hub. The new homeowner will then be able to take over the existing system without having to add all the switches/dimmers/Picos back into the Lutron app.

To remove integrations, from the My Home screen of the Lutron app tap on the Settings (gear) icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen. Then select Integrations. From the Integrations screen unlink any currently linked integrations.

To remove your account from the system, navigate to the Settings menu then tap on Edit Home and finally Remove System from Account. Confirm the system removal if prompted. This will not delete devices or programming of the system, it will simply de-register your Lutron account from this Caseta smart hub.