Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lutron AYCL-153P

Lutron AYCL-153P

This dimmer has fins removed from both sides so it is derated to 400 watts based on Lutron website. It has been used for many years to dim eleven daisy chained fixtures each with a 60 watt incandescent bulb. Not sure why this dimmer has lasted so long being overpowered. In any event, I want to install led’s. Using Lutron compatibility tool, looks like I have plenty of options. Is this dimmer leading or trailing edge? Will I have any problems as long as I use a Lutron tested and recommended bulb? I have been told this old style dimmer will not work with led’s but we are using it on other circuits with led’s and they dim great. Oh, this is for our HOA clubhouse, not my house. Thanks for your help.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello. Thank you for your inquiry. The AYCL-153P is a forward phase, a.k.a. leading edge dimmer that is capable of controlling up to 150W of compatible LEDs. As long as you use a compatible bulb from the tool that meets Lutron's best dimming standards, you will not have any issues. You will want to make sure that it is indeed the AYCL-153P. The model is stamped on the front metal of the dimmer. If it is definitely that model, then it will definitely work with the LEDs that we have listed on the compatibility tool. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle L. View Post
    Hello. Thank you for your inquiry. The AYCL-153P is a forward phase, a.k.a. leading edge dimmer that is capable of controlling up to 150W of compatible LEDs. As long as you use a compatible bulb from the tool that meets Lutron's best dimming standards, you will not have any issues. You will want to make sure that it is indeed the AYCL-153P. The model is stamped on the front metal of the dimmer. If it is definitely that model, then it will definitely work with the LEDs that we have listed on the compatibility tool. Hope this helps!

Thx, I removed cover plate to confirm dimmer model. I found EcoSmart that are listed on the compatibility tool getting 5/5 on all criteria. The original bulbs were Cree which are not listed plus Cree says they are not compatible with our Lutron dimmer. They have been installed since 2015. They dimmed ok but half weee burned out. Lutron must have strict standards since non-compatible bulbs seemed to work well.

4. Likes Kyle L. liked this post