Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lutron Sivoia shade not showing power on the roller and control keypad

Lutron Sivoia shade not showing power on the roller and control keypad

I have a Lutron Sivoia motorized shade (Sivoia® QS roller 100TM) installed at my home for the backyard door. The unit is not showing power (both of the LED on the roller and on the QED the control keypad are not light up).
    I swapped out the transformer to rule out the problem. It works for one day and now no power on the roller and control keypad.

What could go wrong? Does the transformer power output connect directly to both the roller and control pad? Could this be the problem of the roller motor or the wall wiring?
    I tried to use Yelp and Lutron support to find partners but yet to find one. Any suggestions on where can I find support to repair or replace the unit?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Would you be able to confirm the model number of the power supply?
    The first issue we are seeing is using QED keypad with Sivoia QS Shades. Would you be able to confirm if this is accurate? The QS Roller is a DC power shade motor, and the QED drives and keypads were AC voltage.

We recommend finding a Lutron dealer in your area who should be able to provide further support. Lutron dealers and reps can be found here: Where To Buy Selection (lutron.com). Lutron Tech Support is also available 24/7 at 888-588-7661!

The power supply is Lutron Sivoia QED SV-100SF https://www.manualslib.com/manual/23...-100sf-Pi.html

The QS roller first quit working and then works for one night. I tried to reset the power supply but did not work. I then acquired a used power supply and replace it. The QS roller worked for one night, then quit working again.

Lutron Technical Support
    Micky, you can't power a Sivoia QS shade with that power supply. The QS shades use a 35Vdc power supply while that one is a 24Vac power supply. Could you please check the wires connected to the shade? QED shades will have a 7-pin connector, while the QS shades will have a 4-pin connector. You can find a Lutron shade dealer by using our "Where to buy" tool on the Lutron website: https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Pages/W...buy.aspx?AID=1

It is not QS shade but QED shade Roller 100. It has 7 pin connector. https://assets.lutron.com/a/documents/367-592_ea.pdf

Lutron Technical Support
    Do you have a voltmeter? If you measure Vac between pins 5 & 6 at the shade, you should measure 24Vac. Could you please call our 24-hour Technical Support hotline at 1-844-588-7661 when you are on location with the shade?

I unplugged the connector to the EQD unit. Trying to find out if there are in-wall wiring problem. Whenever I turn on the power to the QED SV-100SF transformer, the circuit on the transformer seems to trip. However, if I remove the connector to the transformer, the transformer will output 24Vac. Any idea if this could be caused by shorted keypad?

Lutron Technical Support
    A shorted keypad shouldn't cause the circuit breaker to trip, as the keypad DC voltage is generated by the shade.
    If you disconnect pins 1-4 from the shade and only have pins 5-7 connected, does the shade power up and can you move it from the arrows on the shade drive?