Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: API or SDK available?

Both bridges will accept both types of "pro" and non-"pro" dimmers and switches. "Pro" means better features in case of the bridge, and more compatibility on the switches and dimmers. "Pro" must be purchased from a distributor other than the "big box" orange and blue stores here in the States.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

2. Thanks User42 thanked for this post
    You can use any Caseta Dimmer or switch.

4. Thanks User42 thanked for this post
    Yes, in terms of connectivity to devices, the PRO bridge will talk to everything Caseta (and then some... i.e. Siovia QS Traithlon shades!).

6. Thanks User42 thanked for this post
    The link beesus mentioned will get you going if you use the Telnet integration option with the Pro bridge. I've been using the telnet interface to monitor and control all the lutron lights+shades in my house via an app I wrote, but the telnet commands are pretty limited compared to all the options listed in the document.

I'm not sure if this is of any use to you, I used golang for all my programming:

https://github.com/go-home-iot/lutro...ster/lutron.go

and my app code:

https://github.com/markdaws/gohome

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by random0000 View Post
    I agree completely. I'm currently working on a way around the craziness that the Lutron app has around all the open ports needed to make it work (it needs to be much easier like Dropcam, Nest or Rachio).

BTW - thanks for the response. Could you point me in the right direction for finding this API and any info on how to connect to the Smart Bridge?

8. Thanks User42, dannielmach thanked for this post
    Likes sewonist, dannielmach liked this post
    Awesome!!! Thank you for share it. I just wonder if I want your app I have to use PRO bridge or Not????

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome!!! Thank you for share it. I just wonder if I want your app I have to use PRO bridge or Not????

Are there any hardware differences between the Pro and the non-Pro hubs? I.e., would it be possible to flash Pro firmware into a non-Pro hub and thus make it Pro?

@MarkDaws
    How do you get your code to the smart bridge pro? telnet to its ip?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12