Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta wireless stopped working

Caseta wireless stopped working

We installed three caseta wireless dimmers a year ago and all was fine. Suddenly this week one stopped working, the lights it controls won’t go off. There is no green light on the panel. I tried the fass reset and full reset. Finally, I checked the wires and gave in and bought a new one to replace what I thought was faulty. I replaced the device with a new one and reworked everything. Turned the breaker back on and the same problem. Lights are on but the panel is unresponsive to anything and no green light.

Lutron Technical Support
    It sounds as if the dimmer is being bypassed or is getting shorted. Either scenario would cause the dimmer LED's to not illuminate and be non-functional. I would suggest as a test, put a standard toggle switch in place and make sure that works. If you do that and the switch doesn't control the light, then somehow the switch is also getting bypassed. Another test is to wire the dimmers that are currently not working in a working location. If they still work, then they are not damaged. If they continue to not work with no LED indicators, then they got damaged in some way. Lutron's tech support line can offer some guidance as well.