Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DVRF-5NS & Lutron Bridge?

DVRF-5NS & Lutron Bridge?

Hi,

I just installed a new DVRF-5NS to control a fan and it's installed and working well. However when I go to add it to my Lutron App (have a bridge with 15+ devices on it) it tells me it's not supported and links me to the Casetta home page (which seems to suggest it is supported)

Am I missing something? Is my bridge out of date? All the docs I read before buying suggested this worked well.

Thanks,

Pete

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello Pete,

That error message can be returned if your hub is not running the latest firmware version. I would suggest disconnecting your hub from power and waiting a minute or two and then plugging it back in. A couple minutes after it reboots it should check in for an update. You will know the hub is downloading and installing an update when the LED lightbar on the hub starts to cycle around the hub (like a carousel). Once the update is complete, and the hub restarts, you should be able to add your DVRF-5NS to the system.

Hello Pete,

It sounds like you're experiencing some difficulty getting your DVRF-5NS fan control integrated with your existing Lutron system. It's possible that your bridge may need an update in order to recognize the new device. Before attempting any updates, you might try resetting both the fan control and the bridge and then attempting to re-add the device to the app. This can sometimes resolve compatibility issues.

If resetting and re-adding the device doesn't work, I would recommend checking the Lutron website or contacting their customer support team to see if there are any known compatibility issues or required updates for your particular bridge model. It's also possible that there may be an issue with the DVRF-5NS itself, so you may want to contact the manufacturer for additional support.

I hope this helps and that you're able to get your new fan control integrated with your existing Lutron system.