Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bug? Shade limits

Bug? Shade limits

Not sure if this is considered a bug but I'm running into a problem with shades and presets. I have 1 shade that cannot go below 52% because of a bird enclosure. Don't ask....So in the presets, I set the shade to close to 52% and that works great. When the button is in toggle mode, the shade will not toggle back up because it inheritanly thinks it's not at 0% so it won't return up until it hits that 0% mark. I don't have enough buttons to do single action commands. Open/Stop/Close/Stop commands are set to the shade limits which inherently is different than the shade presets. So I can't hit use the toggle button because it won't go back up and I cannot use the O/S/C/S command because it will pile onto the bird cage. I could set the limit at the 52% but then they would never be able to lower the shade to the floor.

I think you could do this with conditional programming. Do you have any way to tell the processor that the bird cage is in place or not like using a wired I/O input or button press elsewhere?

I whipped this up quick. Assuming you can set a variable to tell the system the bird cage is in place or not (from a button press or a contact closure into the system), I just created a variable for the cage (in place/not in place), and made my shade button conditional with 2 actions: Go to preset 1 (52%), and fuly close. If the shade is open, I also check to see if the cage is in place (from the variable) and if it is there, I set the shade to Preset 1 (52%). If the cage was not in place, it sets the shade to full close.

Of course I cant insert an image here. I uploaded a screencap of my button logic here: https://postimg.cc/sBTSjk3M

Quote Originally Posted by johnmax View Post
    I think you could do this with conditional programming. Do you have any way to tell the processor that the bird cage is in place or not like using a wired I/O input or button press elsewhere?

I whipped this up quick. Assuming you can set a variable to tell the system the bird cage is in place or not (from a button press or a contact closure into the system), I just created a variable for the cage (in place/not in place), and made my shade button conditional with 2 actions: Go to preset 1 (52%), and fuly close. If the shade is open, I also check to see if the cage is in place (from the variable) and if it is there, I set the shade to Preset 1 (52%). If the cage was not in place, it sets the shade to full close.

Of course I cant insert an image here. I uploaded a screencap of my button logic here: https://postimg.cc/sBTSjk3M
    Thanks for that recommendation! Yeah a variable would make total sense and I will implement that!!!

Soooo it turns out I was an idiot. Closed was the default off state for the shade in toggle mode. I did confirm that and in my mind that made sense. I needed it to be open.... Oops! LOL