Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 3-Way with Mechanical Switch | Pro

3-Way with Mechanical Switch | Pro

All,

i have installed a pro series wireless dimmer with a mechanical switch wired in a 3 way configuration. Followed instruction schematic in the manual.

Lights dim appropriately and mechanical switch also turns lights on and off. Infrequently, when I turn the lights on from the mechanical switch, the lights do not turn on. However, if I cycle the mechanical switch, the lights turn on fine.

Is is there a known issue where if you turn the lights off from the dimmer while mechanical switch is in position 2, you can't then turn on the lights from the mechanical switch before you cycle the mechanical switch from position 2 to position 1, etc.

Thanks

2. Likes tomwickland liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Sounds like it could be a wiring issue. Did you happen to connect the jumper wire (included in box) to the mechanical 3-way switch as mentioned in step 12b on page 19 of the advanced installation guide? http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...ced%20Inst.pdf.

Lutron Technical Support
    Also, what kind of lighting load are you controlling with the Pro dimmer? Is it incandescent/halogen, CFL, low voltage, LED?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric H. View Post
    Sounds like it could be a wiring issue. Did you happen to connect the jumper wire (included in box) to the mechanical 3-way switch as mentioned in step 12b on page 19 of the advanced installation guide? http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...ced%20Inst.pdf.
    I have followed this procedure, and my lights worked at first, then started flickering and going on and off, I then had no control of them....thought it might have been the LEDs,although they work before, as I am trying to eliminate some picos, to stay under the 50 device count...ugh!.i swapped the LEDs with halogens, and the same thing happens?..what the heck,
    i have 7 locations...I want to do...

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffnrivercity View Post
    I have followed this procedure, and my lights worked at first, then started flickering and going on and off, I then had no control of them....thought it might have been the LEDs,although they work before, as I am trying to eliminate some picos, to stay under the 50 device count...ugh!.i swapped the LEDs with halogens, and the same thing happens?..what the heck,
    i have 7 locations...I want to do...
    Could you please call in to our 24-hour Technical Support hotline at 1-844-588-7661 while you are on site? This is probably something that can be fixed quickly over the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Could you please call in to our 24-hour Technical Support hotline at 1-844-588-7661 while you are on site? This is probably something that can be fixed quickly over the phone.
    Thanks Brian,

I will call the next time, I am on site...Meanwhile, I had to put all the Picos back in, to keep the customer happy (my Wife)