Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bought home with HOMEWORKS 8 processor. No username and password

Exclamation Bought home with HOMEWORKS 8 processor. No username and password

Hello,

I bought a house back in September and its equipped with Lutron Homeworks 8. And I am a newbie in this world, I can work my way around these things but I need help to do so.

Everything seems to be working fine but I am stuck with the scenes of whoever put this in the first place. I want to have access from my phone so that I can change the scenes or at least I have control from my phone.

I was told I needed the Lutron Legacy App. I connected the ethernet cable that goes to the processor and I was able to make it show up on the app. The problem is that I don't know the username and password.

I am the third owner of this house and it seems like no one knows anything about it. I contacted the guy who installed it but from that conversation I think all he is interested in is in selling me a new system for around 40k which I don't need.

Contacted customer support and they said that they cannot reset the username and password because its a discontinued product and that there is no support for the Legacy App.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by juanpita View Post
    Hello,

I bought a house back in September and its equipped with Lutron Homeworks 8. And I am a newbie in this world, I can work my way around these things but I need help to do so.

Everything seems to be working fine but I am stuck with the scenes of whoever put this in the first place. I want to have access from my phone so that I can change the scenes or at least I have control from my phone.

I was told I needed the Lutron Legacy App. I connected the ethernet cable that goes to the processor and I was able to make it show up on the app. The problem is that I don't know the username and password.

I am the third owner of this house and it seems like no one knows anything about it. I contacted the guy who installed it but from that conversation I think all he is interested in is in selling me a new system for around 40k which I don't need.

Contacted customer support and they said that they cannot reset the username and password because its a discontinued product and that there is no support for the Legacy App.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    try jetski that is the default code. If that doesn’t work you would have to factory reset the processor and write a new program.