Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DVRF-6L Diva Dimmer - no status LEDs

DVRF-6L Diva Dimmer - no status LEDs

Just bought three DVRF-6L dimmers for my kitchen. One switch is for some under cabinet LED lighting. When I turn the breaker on, that switch will not light up with the status LED bar, and I cannot turn the under cabinet lights on to full brightness. The under cabinet LEDs are dimmable 3w bulbs - 16 of them.

I suspect the under cabinet lighting is the issue and want to see if there is a work around or a different dimmer that would work. Thanks!

Lutron Technical Support
    Do you have the make and model of the under cabinet LED lights? Also, is the dimmer installed in a single-pole or is it part of a 3-way or 4-way?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan K. View Post
    Do you have the make and model of the under cabinet LED lights? Also, is the dimmer installed in a single-pole or is it part of a 3-way or 4-way?
    It’s a single pole application, and there is no manufacturer markings on the lighting.

I started troubleshooting my hunch that there wasn’t enough load. I found a g8 halogen bulb and plugged one in instead of the LED. As soon as I did that the dimmer came to life and allowed the circuit to be dimmed. Doing that produced a new problem. The LED bulbs now buzz.

Putting all g8 halogen bulbs in fixed the issue but now leaves me with inefficient and HOT bulbs under my cabinets.

I’d love to find g8 LED bulbs that will provide enough load and operate without buzzing. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

is there a minimum load for this dimmer? Thank you.

Lutron Technical Support
    I'm glad you were able to identify and remedy the issue. The minimum load of the DVRF-6L is 25W of incandescent/halogen load or 1 - 2 compatible bulbs from the LED Finder Tool (lutron.com/ledfinder). Unfortunately I do not have any recommendations at this time for G8 LED bulbs that are compatible with the DVRF-6L. It may be best to locate a reputable manufacturer of LEDs and see if they can provide any testing data for their G8 bulbs with Lutron dimmers.