Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Home/Away security integration

Home/Away security integration

Have a customer on an older RadioRA system. Currently, their security system is connected to a Chronos controller. When their security system is armed for away, it switches Chronos into Away, so the appropriate time clock programs run. When the system is disarmed, it releases the relay, and Chronos returns to Home mode.Knowing that the relay integration is in the Visor Receiver, can something similar be done with RA2? If I have the alarm panel hold a relay while armed Away, can that trigger running Away time clock programs?

Through the VCRX you could accomplish this easily. RS232 and IP integration can also make this happen without the VCRX.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

SDR-Mike: Can you please expand on your comment that the VCRX module can accomplish this? I have checked with Lutron support and they advise that Timeclock modes can be activated by button pushes, Connect app, or telnet integrations, but not by CCI input on the VCRX. It would seem to me the VCRX should be the most obvious method, but obviously I am missing something.

Lutron Technical Support
    You would have to set up a button press that would trigger the CCI Input and change the time clock mode or set a scene at the same time. When programming a VCRX, the input or output buttons for the CCIs essentially count as devices and can be incorporated into any keypad toggle/scene or timeclock adjustment. Rather than having the CCI set the timeclock mode, you would need a keypad button to set a timeclock mode and either a timeclock or button trigger the CCI.

Forgive me Jonathan C, but that doesn't make sense. The whole point of this is to automate the two systems; requiring a button push negates that. Surely there is a way to do this through a contact closure, somehow??? Obviously it can be done through RS-232, but for older security systems that would mean an upgrade; a relatively expensive proposition just to gain this feature.

Lutron Technical Support
    You could use Geofencing to set a scene in the Arriving / Leaving Home settings of the Connect App. That might create the effect you're looking for. Outside of that, if the system is going to rely on TimeClock modes for Away or Home, they'll need to be set via a button press in order for the system to respond accordingly. For more information, we advise reaching out to the local Lutron Rep or emailing us at systemsupport@lutron.com.

Jonathon C. Thank you, I will explore the geofencing option.