Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Selectively Connecting Diva Dimmers to Control Each Other

Selectively Connecting Diva Dimmers to Control Each Other

I found a 2016 thread which asked a similar question and obtained a less than desirable answer. I'm hoping there's a better solution now ~7 years later.

I'd like to know if it's possible to force a diva dimmer (DVRF-6L-WH-R) to mimic the state of another diva dimmer. Even better: could this behavior be one-way, so that any action to diva dimmer A would cause diva dimmer B to follow, but any action to diva dimmer B would be independent from and have no impact on diva dimmer A? Ideally such functionality would be through Lutron or through Samsung SmartThings, which is what I use. But I am willing to set up another control system if it will add this functionality.

I know this can be worked around by adding a pico which controls the two dimmers. I do not want to add complexity to the room by hanging an additional pico on the wall.

My specific situation is annoying and complex, and if the above is possible then I think it will resolve my problem without me needing to post a convoluted thread in search of another solution.

Thanks!

I'm still interested in any solutions others may have, but on further review of SmartThings I found that this functionality exists. Within SmartThings Automations there is a "SmartApp" called "Smart lighting" under which you can direct a light to follow another light in the one-way fashion that I describe in my original post. While there is a significant delay (at least a few seconds), this is sufficient to resolve my issue.

Lutron Technical Support
    I am glad to hear you were able to locate a working solution with the Samsung SmartThings integration in your Caséta system. At this time, Caséta wireless dimmers/switches do not natively offer this functionality without adding a Pico remote into the system.