Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Diva Dimmer 3-way, trouble replacing IDevices

Diva Dimmer 3-way, trouble replacing IDevices

I'm replacing IDevices dimmer installed throughout my house my contractor installed as part of a remodel since they are terrible. I've replace a lot of the single-pole switches with the Diva Dimmer and they work great but I'm trying a 3-way and can't get it to work. The IDevices wiring for a 3-way is not typical like a basic 3-way but I believe I have the wires correctly identified. When I hook up the Divas, the primary switch seems to not have power and the secondary switch just flicks halfway on and immediately turns off, here's a video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XCRYi6PD6nE64UFw5.

Here's the wiring I have setup on the primary switch (1st photo) and secondary switch (2nd.) Any ideas?

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,

I see the one device is a DVRF-6L. What is the model of the other device installed? If it is also a DVRF-6L, it would have to be replaced with a mechanical 3-way switch or a DVRF-AS accessory switch as 2 dimmers controlling the same lights will cause them to flash/strobe/misbehave. Also, do you have any information on the lights that are being controlled? Make and model would be helpful to determine if we may be encountering a compatibility issue or not.

AH! That must be the issue. I was reading that 1 dimmer would act as the main and the other would 'act' as an accessory, not that it's an entirely different part number. Dumb mistake!