Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Automatic Sequence with interruptions

Automatic Sequence with interruptions

I have a situation where I am using an Automatic Sequence to cycle through three separate loads for some security lighting each on a different phase (Red, Yellow, Blue). The sequence runs automatically with a timer so that at night every 30 minutes only one of the phases is on [Red only for 30 min, then Yellow only for 30 min...). The Keypad LEDs are set to blink while this is happening. This works fine.

I also have a button called "Perimeter" that should turn on Red, Blue and Yellow together and stop (pause?) the sequence. In this mode, the Keypad LED should be on. The press "off" should turn off all 3 of the loads and the Keypad LED should be eliminated. Holding the button for 4 seconds should resume the Automatic Sequence cycling through Red, Yellow and Blue with the Keypad LED blinking. The problem I'm facing is that no matter what I try I can't get the Keypad LEDs to behave properly, specifically the On/Off part. I'm using LED Logic "Defined by sequence" and Stopping or Pausing the sequence is turning off the LEDs for the "On" press. I tried creating a Manual Sequence for the "On" press, but the Automatic Sequence is taking precedence for the LED logic.

Is this possible? Perhaps with a conditional?

I think the problem is coming down to a conflict between the Manual Sequence & Automatic Sequence.
    Press On = (manual sequence ON state) & (Automatic Sequence Stop) = LED comes on momentarily and then goes out (LED should be on)
    Press Off = (manual sequence OFF state) & (Automatic Sequence Stop) = LED comes on momentarily and then goes out (LED should be off)
    Hold = (Automatic Sequence Start) = LED blinks (this is correct behavior)

Even if I put a .25 second delay on the Manual Sequence, it seems the Automatic Sequence is always taking over LED control.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    I have a situation where I am using an Automatic Sequence to cycle through three separate loads for some security lighting each on a different phase (Red, Yellow, Blue). The sequence runs automatically with a timer so that at night every 30 minutes only one of the phases is on [Red only for 30 min, then Yellow only for 30 min...). The Keypad LEDs are set to blink while this is happening. This works fine.

I also have a button called "Perimeter" that should turn on Red, Blue and Yellow together and stop (pause?) the sequence. In this mode, the Keypad LED should be on. The press "off" should turn off all 3 of the loads and the Keypad LED should be eliminated. Holding the button for 4 seconds should resume the Automatic Sequence cycling through Red, Yellow and Blue with the Keypad LED blinking. The problem I'm facing is that no matter what I try I can't get the Keypad LEDs to behave properly, specifically the On/Off part. I'm using LED Logic "Defined by sequence" and Stopping or Pausing the sequence is turning off the LEDs for the "On" press. I tried creating a Manual Sequence for the "On" press, but the Automatic Sequence is taking precedence for the LED logic.

Is this possible? Perhaps with a conditional?