Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Lamp Dimmer Module likes to respond to pico's

Lamp Dimmer Module likes to respond to pico's

Hello,

I have a new plug in lamp dimmer module. I have it paired to my hub and that is about it.

I have two previously installed Pico remotes... and wouldnt you know it... the on and off buttons on those pico's control this new lamp dimmer. I don't want that....

What has happened and how do you recommend I fix it? I already un-paired one of the pico's (4tap hold 4tap) and re paired it and right away it is able to control this dimmer module... which I dont want....

it's weird to me... thanks for any advice!!!

Lutron Technical Support
    Pico remotes and dimmers/switches that are added into the same room in the Lutron app will automatically pair with one another. When using the Caséta smart hub via the Lutron app, you can individually assign/unassign Pico remotes to the dimmer/switches in the system. To do this, from the Devices tab on the main screen, tap on the Pico remote's icon that you want to edit. Then select "Edit Device" at the bottom of the on screen prompt. From there, tap on "Devices (Lights and fans to include)". On the next screen check the devices you want the Pico to be paired to (communicating with) or uncheck the devices you do not want it paired to. Finally select "Save" or "Done" to save your changes. Once the system has finished updating, test the Pico remote to ensure it has been paired/removed from the device.

3. Likes randyc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan K. View Post
    Pico remotes and dimmers/switches that are added into the same room in the Lutron app will automatically pair with one another. When using the Caséta smart hub via the Lutron app, you can individually assign/unassign Pico remotes to the dimmer/switches in the system. To do this, from the Devices tab on the main screen, tap on the Pico remote's icon that you want to edit. Then select "Edit Device" at the bottom of the on screen prompt. From there, tap on "Devices (Lights and fans to include)". On the next screen check the devices you want the Pico to be paired to (communicating with) or uncheck the devices you do not want it paired to. Finally select "Save" or "Done" to save your changes. Once the system has finished updating, test the Pico remote to ensure it has been paired/removed from the device.

MY GOODNESS. THANK YOU for taking the time to let me know this. I did not know this. Thank you very much. I really appreciate this information!!!!