Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Smart Hub Pro Compatibility

Smart Hub Pro Compatibility

I am new to this and want to smarten up my lighting. I've been told I need the Smart Hub PRO to work with Savant. My question is, do I need to get the PRO dimmers, switches, and pico remote as well, or can I use the regular Caseta switches, dimmers and pico remote? Basically does all of the equipment need to come from the PRO line to work with the PRO smart hub?

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello tauram and welcome to the forums!

You are correct about the integration side. Savant will require the PRO hub (L-BDGPRO2-WH). However, you are welcome to use any Caseta product with that hub! Utilizing the PRO hub does not mean you have to stick with the PRO line of Caseta controls. More information on the available products can be found here: Smart Switches & Lighting Control Products | Caseta by Lutron (casetawireless.com)

Thanks a ton for your response! I also have a Savant system in my home and would like to move control of my existing Lutron Caseta system over to Savant.

Is the Pro Hub still compatible with the Lutron smart phone app, or do you have to use Savant (or another system) to control devices? If it still uses the Lutron app, is control exclusive, or can Savant be programmed to control Caseta devices as well as using the Lutron app?

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello Garrett, thanks for your question and welcome to the Forums. The Pro Hub (L-BDGPRO2-WH) will still be compatible with Savant and is required for that integration with Savant to occur. You will also need to have all of your devices set up first on the Lutron App, and once they are, an integration report can be generated in order to program your Caseta system to Savant. Once this process is complete, however, you will be able to control Caseta devices via the Savant integration as well as directly through the Lutron App. We hope this helps!

Thanks Joy, that helps tons! I appreciate knowing that I'll have to set everything up in the Lutron app first before Savant can be used.

One other question comes to mind... I am currently using the non-pro Lutron hub. I'm planning to switch to the Pro version for Savant integration though. When I get the new hub, will I need to re-add all of my existing Caseta devices to the Lutron app? Or will the app retain the existing Caseta devices and move control over to the new hub?

Thanks!

Lutron Technical Support
    When switching Hubs, even from non-Pro to Pro, you will need to delete all devices from hub A in order for them to be able to pair to hub B, since the devices can only be paired to one hub at a time. Therefore, we'd recommend deleting all of your devices from the App before unplugging your current hub. Then, when ready to decommission the current hub from your App, go to Edit Home in the Settings and click "Remove System from Account." This will then allow you to set up your new hub with the same email and password, like it was a new system from scratch, and then you will add your now cleared-out devices to the new hub one-by-one.

We hope this helps!