Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Where to configure Phase-select in Designer?

Where to configure Phase-select in Designer?

I'm using RRST-PRO-N dimmers to control MLV fixtures with LED bulbs. The dimmers need to be configured for forward phase dimming and I can set that at the dimmer. The instillation instructions state that the setting at the dimmer is overwritten by the system software. Where is the phase-select set in Designer? I'm running Designer 22.8.1. Thanks!

drop down box under Load Type?

I believe it's in the drop down under Load Type next to Zone Name on the device details. However, I've never tried transferring the design to the switch to change this.

I have a related question. Why can't I fill in the Total Wattage next to that field for Reverse Phase LED Dimming or for that matter even if I change to incandescent it's not able to be edited. What is this field for if you can't save to the total wattage on a circuit of lights in your file for future reference?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot LOAD TYPE.jpeg  

3. Likes randyc liked this post
    Thank you JD. In my Designer configuration those columns were not showing up. I just had to go and customize the columns and there they are just like your screen shot.

For me, it looks like the total wattage column is calculated based on some efficiency factor (15%) times the wattage column. This seems to be a check on the dimmer compatibility. I seem to remember in the RA2 configuration program you would enter the power consumption per fixture and then enter the number of fixtures. In Designer it looks like you just enter the total power draw for the dimmer's circuit.

Thanks again.