Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What do I buy?

What do I buy?

Can someone give me a heads up on which products I should purchase. I have almond colored switch plates to match. I have toggle switches which I would like to match if possible. I do not need any dimming abilities. I am looking for 2 setups. 1) I have 3 switches that control the ceiling cans on my terrace level. However, I do not have a switch to cut the cans on or off on my main floor. So I would like to attach a remote switch to the wall on the main floor. What set do I need to get. 2) I have some outdoor light fixtures that have candelabra light bulbs. There are 3 light switches that control the fixtures. I would like something that lets me turn these fixtures on or off via of an app on my phone. All feedback is appreciated.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,

Lutron's Caséta switches can be paired wirelessly to a Pico remote to offer wireless switching from multiple locations so long as the hard-wired switch and Pico remotes are within RF signal range of each other (~30 feet). Additionally, the switch and remotes can be added to the Lutron app by way of the Caséta smart hub which allows for control of the system from your smartphone. Once added to a system, all devices must be within the 30 foot RF range of the smart hub in order to control them.

There are 4 models of Caséta on/off switches. 3 require neutral wires in the wallbox (PD-5ANS-xx/PD-6ANS-xx/DVRF-5NS-xx, where xx = color code) and one does not (PD-5WS-DV-xx). The wiring configuration in your wallbox where the hard-wired switch will be installed will determine whether a neutral-based switch should be used or a non-neutral based switch. Also, it would be beneficial to know what the total load is that will be controlled by the Caséta switch to ensure it will operate safely.

The "PD" series of Caséta devices must be installed with Pico remotes in a 4-way configuration (for lights switched from 3 or more locations). The DVRF-5NS-xx can be installed with Pico remotes (for wireless control) at the other locations as well as it's accessory switch the DVRF-AS-xx. The model number for the Pico remote is PJ2-3B-Gxx-L01 (where xx = color code).

Please note that Caséta devices use a decora/decorator style opening and toggle switches use a traditional style wallplate opening. If ganging the Caséta devices next to traditional style devices you will have to replace your wallplates to accommodate the different openings.