Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RA3 Software is a hot mess!

RA3 Software is a hot mess!

Let me preface this by saying I have done Lutron for 23+ years. I started with the Original HomeWorks DOS based GUI. I am certified in all the Lutron Residential systems, Control 4, Crestron, and Vantage.

I just did my first big (150 devices) RA3 design. I am absolutely NOT IMPRESSED with the software. I am actually shocked that Lutron would publish this as anything other than beta software. Especially since it appears the took the fairly decent HQS software and modified it for RA3.

It lacks basic Windows functions like overwriting text when you move into a field. I have to highlight "Zone 01" and delete or type over it.
    I can't assign RDs to a hybrid zone.
    If I add an RD and don't assign the load right away, the option disappears.
    It has an option to assign a load to a MA-T51 but there is no way to do that.
    There is no load schedule. Why would you delete the load schedule??
    I have to change every device to forward phase. Where is the default option?
    The window to assign loads to a different room only displays 3 lines.
    I can't add loads and assign them to devices. I have to add a device then reassign the load to another room using that tiny window.
    That is just the stuff I can remember.

This is going in a beach house about 3 hours from me. I am having second thoughts about this whole project. I'm not confident Lutron can make this work.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

The Ra3 start is like the Ra2 start, but with Ra2 the first year (or maybe 2) all the software versions said they were Beta. I think we have at least another year to work out the bugs. I report bugs/issues all the time and they have not been fixed and they do not show up under the "known Issues" on the software notes. I really look forward to these fixes because the remote programming will be very helpful for my travel involved jobs, which are all still Ra2 and will not be upgraded until next year:).