Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Adding an occupancy sensor linked to wall switch into HWQS/RadioRA2 system

Adding an occupancy sensor linked to wall switch into HWQS/RadioRA2 system

Hello -

I have a fairly complex Lutron & Savant automation installation in the house I purchased (uses HW QS and RadioRA2). I'd like to add a Lutron ceiling occupancy sensor for a basement light, which today is being controlled by a Lutron "seeTouch" keypad (which in turn controls a wired switch located in a different room). I've seen videos for linking the wired switch to the occupancy sensor and it seems simple enough. However, I wonder if doing that will mess up the other programming and radio links involving that switch.

I'd like to avoid having to pay $$ to have a technician do it if I can link it myself to the switch.

Thanks!

The dimmer controlling the light can be associated with the motion sensor OR the HQS system but not both. The best solution is to add the sensor to the HQS system so the dimmer can be controlled by the system (keypads, timers, etc.) and the sensor.

It's odd that you have RA2 and HQS in the same house.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

3. Likes Bill13 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    The dimmer controlling the light can be associated with the motion sensor OR the HQS system but not both. The best solution is to add the sensor to the HQS system so the dimmer can be controlled by the system (keypads, timers, etc.) and the sensor.

It's odd that you have RA2 and HQS in the same house.
    Thank you!

If a basement light is to be controlled by a Lutron ceiling occupancy sensor, it shouldn't interfere with the switch's other radio connections or programming. To guarantee compatibility and appropriate operation, it's a good idea to refer to the Lutron & Savant automation literature or get in touch with their customer service for detailed installation instructions.
    Trees teach us a lot because they never stop reaching up papa's pizzeria, even though they are rooted in the earth.