Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lutron and Works With Ring

Exclamation Lutron and Works With Ring

I have Ring alarms and video doorbells in my home and at my cabin. I also have Lutron Caseta at both locations.

The problem is that the Ring integration only integrates with one Ring location, apparently the oldest Ring system on the account. There needs to be a way for the Lutron app to show each Ring location and pick one. Or pull in all the devices from both locations.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,
    In order to achieve that type of functionality at this time, it would require separate accounts for each home (I.e. separate log-in accounts for both the Lutron App and Ring). Unfortunately, we have not tested this workaround but is based on similar integration functionality as other systems like Alexa, Google Home, etc. By default, the Lutron account links to the first created Ring account and there isn't a way to change that. We do appreciate your feedback though! We will get this up to our product development team for future consideration!

The multiple account solution is sub optimal. If we set up multiple accounts, we give up the ability to be able to see camera videos from multiple locations on a single account interface or to control Lutron switches at multiple locations from a single account interface.

I know Alexa is useless in multiple location integration. Has anyone had success with Apple HomeKit?

Lutron Technical Support
    HomeKit does support the integration of multiple Caséta Smart Hubs linked to the same Lutron account. You may be able to integrate both the Ring and Caséta devices into separate Apple homes and create automations for those devices in each home without having separate accounts for each hub.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan K. View Post
    HomeKit does support the integration of multiple Caséta Smart Hubs linked to the same Lutron account. You may be able to integrate both the Ring and Caséta devices into separate Apple homes and create automations for those devices in each home without having separate accounts for each hub.
    Unfortunately, Ring does not have native support for HomeKit - go figure. You have to use a 3rd party device like HOOP, which the Pro version is expensive and not generally available yet.