Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Phantom Keypad in Designer - What is it used for?

Phantom Keypad in Designer - What is it used for?

I was able to add scenes to the Lutron app by using the "Homeowner Keypad" and it seems to work as expected. There are two icons next to the keypad, one a lightning bolt arrow and the other a network icon. I assume that the lightning bolt shows that it connects to the processor wirelessly. I'm not sure what the network icon signifies, any ideas?

There is also a "Phantom Keypad" available in the designer toolbox. I tried the same setup as with the "Homeowner Keypad", but the "Phantom Keypad" never showed up in the Lutron app. Any ideas how to use the "Phantom Keypad"?

Just going back and reviewing some post and saw this one. I had the same question and was told the Phantom Keypad is for integrations. I'm going to also be having C4 installed in the house in about 2 months so my expectation is the phantom keypad will show up in C4 and be trigger-able from C4 so the the loads in a scene will simultaneously go their programmed state. Seeing is believing but I sure hope that is true.

I'll add I believe this is a huge miss that the phantom keypad doesn't show up in the Lutron app nor is it available to HomeKit automations. This would allow a Lutron Pro dealer to make one of the key Lutron selling features (simultaneous scene fading across multiple loads) of a more professional RA3 system work with the smart voice assistants that so many folks already have in their homes. Having these work well together brings value to all parties.

Phantom keypads are used when integrating with a control system such as Crestron,Savant, etc.