Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-6ANS Switch setup problems

PD-6ANS Switch setup problems

I had a professional electrician install a PD-6ANS on off switch to control an exterior light.
    I cannot initiate communication between the switch and the Lutron App. I cannot reset the switch to factory defaults using a std or LED bulb.

I need a little advise on how to rectify to get it up and running.

I have 7 Caseta dimmer switches in the house. I can communicate with any of them from this switch. I have an extender switch nearby. Resetting the router does nothing.

The house is 12 years old. We have neutral wires. Is a miswiring the cause.? or is this switch an expensive dud?

thanks

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,

Are you able to manually turn the exterior light on/off using the buttons on the PD-6ANS? If not, there may be a miswire, or other event occuring, that is preventing the switch from functioning properly. If you can manually control the lights from the Caseta switch, have you tried pairing a Pico remote to the switch directly (not using the Lutron app)? This will give us an indication if the issue is with the RF module in the switch or if something else is causing the problem.

Casey’s on off switch pairing issues

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan K. View Post
    Hello,

Are you able to manually turn the exterior light on/off using the buttons on the PD-6ANS? If not, there may be a miswire, or other event occuring, that is preventing the switch from functioning properly. If you can manually control the lights from the Caseta switch, have you tried pairing a Pico remote to the switch directly (not using the Lutron app)? This will give us an indication if the issue is with the RF module in the switch or if something else is causing the problem.
    the switch will turn the incandescent light on and off by touching the switch buttons. Works with incandescent or LED bulb. I just tried pairing a spare pico . Did not pair with the switch.

when you first press the off button on the switch for 6 seconds plus for pairing the outside light comes on and stays on while the switch lights flash.

thanks for trying to help.
    Bill

Lutron Technical Support
    Hi Bill - So the good news is, your control is correctly wired if you can turn it on and off from the PD-6ANS. I want to go over pairing and factory defaulting.

Pairing: You stated that you have 7 other Caseta Dimmers, and having an extender switch. Are you using the Caseta Wireless Smart Hub? Have you tried adding in the PD-6ANS and the Pico remote into the Lutron App?

Factory Defaulting: Please try following these steps in the video linked below. This video shows a Dimmer but the same procedure will apply for a PD-6ANS.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foHMG1e_F5Q. When you follow these steps if you have any issues please let us know how far you were able to make it in the video. (E.g. got first set of flashes, but did not get the 2nd set of flashes)

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy G. View Post
    Hi Bill - So the good news is, your control is correctly wired if you can turn it on and off from the PD-6ANS. I want to go over pairing and factory defaulting.

Pairing: You stated that you have 7 other Caseta Dimmers, and having an extender switch. Are you using the Caseta Wireless Smart Hub? Have you tried adding in the PD-6ANS and the Pico remote into the Lutron App?

Factory Defaulting: Please try following these steps in the video linked below. This video shows a Dimmer but the same procedure will apply for a PD-6ANS.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foHMG1e_F5Q. When you follow these steps if you have any issues please let us know how far you were able to make it in the video. (E.g. got first set of flashes, but did not get the 2nd set of flashes)
    In our house I have a hub and 1 pico that controls living room ceiling lights. No issues with scheduling and control through the Lutron App. All lights can be controlled through Apple Home too.

Back to the orphan switch. Exterior Garage side door light. When I press the switch’s pairing mode, the Lutron App cannot complete the pairing. Does not matter if it’s on an iPhone or iPad. And yes I do select the original on off switch. Recently I purchased an extender just to make sure I had a strong signal. I do . I iPhone easily controls all the other house lights from next to this switch.

if the comments are that it is wired right then I have a faulty RF issue. Meaning I will have to acquire a new switch. My choice would be a dimmer. I’ve possessed the switch over 1 year so I can’t return it. I’ll just have to buy another one.

thanks for your input.

Resetting the on off switch

I’ve tried to do this several times. The switch will not reset to factory defaults. It never flashes.

Lutron Technical Support
    Very happy to help, since you are still having issues I would encourage you to contact our 24/7 Technical Support Team by either phone or email. If we are unable to get your control up and running we can explore warranty options with you, so you do not need to go buy another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan K. View Post
    Hello,

Yes. It worked. On off function worked. Remote control- never. I replaced the switch with a Caseta dimmer switch. No issues afterwards